Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Park Holidays site  (Read 2016 times)

• Topic Author
  • Offline monkeyboypk

Park Holidays site
    « on: October 17, 2022, 08:35:56 pm »
    Hi all. My wife and I have recently had a look around the Park Holidays site near Pevensey. It looked very nice, but seemed quite pricey though we accept it is a great location being right next to the beach Has anyone had any experience of this company and if so would you be kind enough to pass on your views. We’re after our first static or Villa so want to be absolutely sure who we deal with. Thanks.

Linkback: https://staticforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,7176.msg8710.html#msg8710

Offline Sparkalicious

Re: Park Holidays site
    « Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 09:16:41 am »
    I've not had dealings with Park Holidays but have with Park Dean another big company in the caravan world.

What I would say, for us, they were all pally and promised the world when we were considering buying and even for a couple of months after. Then there were some staff changes and we became after thoughts. I've been waiting 2 years for a gas safety check which I asked to be completed, and head office have been chasing me.
    I suppose it comes down to the individual staff on site. We made friends with the Lifeguards and the activities people, as really they are the only ones that we interact with. We now do pretty much all our own servicing, cleaning, drain downs etc.
    But also I must say that suits us. We don't rent so are happy to be pretty much independent. The question I would ask is how much you plan to integrate with the site. Staff can be very hit and miss sometimes

Linkback: https://staticforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,7176.msg8711.html#msg8711

The following users thanked this post: monkeyboypk

Offline fhb2

Re: Park Holidays site
    « Reply #2 on: October 21, 2022, 01:26:10 pm »
    No experience of Park Holidays, but one thing I have noticed is that, for any of the parks, the majority of people who are unhappy are those who did not read/did not understand the terms and conditions they signed up to, or those who assumed that the terms and conditions would not apply to them.
    I suspect that Sparkalicious's experience would be the same on any large park - they are all businesses, in it to make a profit, and once you are past the cooling off period, they are more interested in the next customer, not you. This does not mean they are rogues or con-men (although both are out there) - just hard headed businessmen.
    Your previous posts show that you are carrying out a lot of research and already have a lot of knowledge, so just remember to make sure that you read, understand and are happy with the contract before committing yourself.

Linkback: https://staticforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,7176.msg8712.html#msg8712

The following users thanked this post: monkeyboypk

Service charges dispute (not Covid 19 park closure issue)

Started by Paul

Replies: 8
    Views: 1411
    Last Post February 14, 2021, 04:22:18 pm
    by fhb2
    Park Dean Membership Cards

Started by Sparkalicious

Replies: 5
    Views: 1182
    Last Post July 14, 2020, 09:48:29 am
    by Sparkalicious