Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Day Trip  (Read 84 times)

• Topic Author
  • Online Sparkalicious

Day Trip
    « on: April 08, 2021, 03:10:18 pm »
    So I finally got to visit my 'van  :) Even if it was for only 3ish hours  :'(

Site were very strict. There was no way in other than the main entrance and that was gated until you checked in at reception.

Got all the jobs done for spinning up the 'van. Cleaned curtains re-hung, mattresses and beds made and back in position. Disposed of all the cat litter in each room. Ran the water through the pipes and then finished off setting up the internet/WiFi and connecting a Fire Stick to the TV so we now use the internet for the telly rather than the aerial where reception is quite poor.

I also found the culprit for the smell of wee in the kids bedroom. One of the renters obviously had an accident and soiled the bed and the duvet. Duvet reeked. Will be washing the mattress with a mini Vax machine we have bought for down there, useful to do the sofas as well. We are back as a family on the 12th so will do it then and it'll have a good week to dry out.

I had vacuum packed all the duvets and pillows when I was down there last (all but one were still holding their seal - amazing  ;D) and as I know one of them is soiled, and strangers had been sleeping in the rest of them, I brought them all back to take to the laundrette to be washed.

Checked out the work the site had done while I was there as well. New floor in kitchen, trimmed the door frame of one of the doors and replaced the back of the main fixed seat at the dining table. All done really well so I am happy even though not a single one should have been a problem in the first place. Hey ho, you live and learn.  >:(

Also no sign of hoards of dead flies or critters all over the place. Our 'van was prone at certain times of the year so that is great  8) The bug mesh we put over the vents in all the rooms must be doing it's stuff and keeping them out. There was the odd one or two but they may have got in when the workmen were doing their jobs. Next week will be the big test as they will all be out of hibernation but from memory, by now they were a constant presence all the time. While we were there not one live one. Just keeping my fingers crossed. 

Overall a productive trip. 12+ hours driving and 3 hours at the 'van. Time well spent for me.

Anyone else had a chance to do a day trip to their 'van yet? Got one coming up? You all must be itching?

Linkback: https://staticforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,707.msg1802.html#msg1802

Offline DaveE

Re: Day Trip
    « Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 03:46:11 pm »
    I’m glad you got your issues sorted.  It would have been a long day to end up having to come away with unresolved problems at the end of it.
    We don’t have that far to travel, only 1hr20-1hr 30 so a “quick trip” is practical. We went last Tuesday to take some kit back and seeing what state the ‘van was in as it was the longest time we’d ever not visited.  We were pleasantly surprised with the overall state of affairs. Apart a general dust and vac out inside there was no issues. Outside the birds have left a few “messages” down the ‘vans walls and the decking has a green tint but both these are easily resolved.
    All in all it’s very much a case of “Roll on the 12th” but plans are having to be flexible as those second jabs are any time soon.

Linkback: https://staticforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,707.msg1803.html#msg1803

• Topic Author
  • Online Sparkalicious

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 04:05:29 pm »
    That does remind me. We have some gifts from our feathered friends and the decking is on the greenish side. Dad is with us on the 12th and said he'd like to do it.

Does also need a good hoover. Just dust from the workmen I think. Can't wait for Monday and get our first proper day trip to the beach

Linkback: https://staticforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,707.msg1804.html#msg1804

Online Tonks

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 08:30:55 pm »
    We are finally booked in to view our perspective van and pitch next Wednesday (14th).  But we are actually staying at the site from Monday the 12th for the week.  If we purchase the van, we will get the costs of the rental back, so can't be bad.   Looking forward to a nice week away and fingers crossed for a smooth sale.   

Linkback: https://staticforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,707.msg1808.html#msg1808

• Topic Author
  • Online Sparkalicious

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 09:24:16 am »
    Tonks, that is great news.

You are doing exactly what we did when we purchased. We stayed for a long weekend on the site to make sure that it suited us before handing over the cash. We also kept it a secret from the sales team so we didn't get any special treatment. They were paying for our lunch and other bits the first time we chatted to them about the possibility of us buying. We didn't want anything like that effecting our decision.

So it turns out, where I was supposed to take down all the big bulky stuff to lighten the load for the trip on the 12th, I forgot the biggest item we own  :D. Our SUP (stand up paddle board). Never mind. Don't think we'll be jumping in the deep blue on the 12th anyway

Linkback: https://staticforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,707.msg1810.html#msg1810

The following users thanked this post: Tonks

Watch in full: The Queen's VE Day 2020 address

Started by Gerry1964

Replies: 0
    Views: 434
    Last Post May 08, 2020, 09:53:20 pm
    by Gerry1964
    Finally Opening Day

Started by Sparkalicious

Replies: 6
    Views: 314
    Last Post June 02, 2020, 06:08:01 pm